Saturday, July 05, 2008

***Understanding the word Friend***


Watch the video on BKAs website before reading this article. Sorry its long but you must...

Tears are in my eyes as I see this video. A lot of people will use this as a moment to blame George Bush and so on...

The thing that separates Mike (a real hero) is that he understands the meaning of the word Loyalty.

As one of my war heroes said to his brother before giving up the NFL for the Military... "I feel that I must be tested in battle" He was only trying to prove to himself that he could become more that what he already was. No greater sacrifice can be made than one that is made for a friend. The LORD himself set down this pattern. Pat and Mike knew a job had to be done, and they didn't quibble while others died. They put it all on the alter and stayed side by side until the end.

I enjoy a life of liberty because of ALL WHO DEFEND MY WAY OF LIFE. That is the bottom line. It can be In Iraq or in Bastongne. I don't care. Money and the kind of power that creates false causes that lead to wars- are fleeting and finite.

We owe these men and women our prayers respect and loyalty. In the mean time I want to be like Mike.

Listed below- (My VFW War Heroes) I have many other heroes but that is for a different post

Pat Tillman-Army Afganastan KIA: friendly fire (see link below) http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/pat_usarmy.php

Mike Monsoor-NAVY Iraq KIA: Jumped on grenade, Saving 2 of his Brothers.

Jack Chiaretta (my maternal grandfather)- Army WW-II Okinawa. Returned Safe but lost 80% of his Company including the highest ranking officer to die in combat for the Pacific; Gen Buckner- KIA artillery round .

John Chiaretta- (Maternal Uncle) ARMY Viet Nam. Alive today but suffered 2 direct hits while driving his APC

Larry Murdock- (maternal uncle husband of Luarie Chiaretta)USMC Viet Nam. Alive today but lost many comrades.

Bob Murdock-USMC Brother of Larry who Joined USMC to support Larry In Viet Nam. Lost both Legs, and passed away in recent years from unrelated illness.

Mervin Davis- (paternal uncle) Navy USS Long Beach Viet Nam. Alive and Well. The Greatest Baseball Dad that ever lived.

R.J. Davis- NAVY Gulf War I USS Stien,Marvin Shields and Flint. Alive and well. The Man who can fix anything, and will do it for fun with no thought of reward. He would fall on a grenade for me as would I for him.

Richard Westwood (paternal great uncle) ARMY WW-II Burma. Alive today in Circleville UT part of the VFW.

Benjamin Wallis (wifes big brother) ARMY Reserve Gulf War II. Now serving in the Airforce Reserve, but sacrificed 18 continuous months in Iraq while his small children grew and his wife toiled as a single mom.

Many others served in many ways and I give thanks to all.

May God Bless This Planet and all his children, and may he destroy those who stand in the way of Liberty and Freedom!

May we all be hero like in our actions wherever we stand.

4 comments:

1modelcitizen said...

The heart of a hero resonates in your words. I count myself blessed to have seen you unfailingly prove your convictions with actions. What sets the commentary in this post apart from the story presented in the media and the readers who are momentary influenced by it, is that this is your creed and is seen in your deeds. Straight from the heart. Respect. BA

Smart Bomb said...

You Inspire me and I pay it along the line. Thanks for taking time to read.

Mike said...

Great article Damon. It is always good to get another reminder of why I am free and the sacrifices others make to keep our country great.

Anna Elizabeth Ballard said...

Damon has been inspiring me ever since I met him about three years ago. Therefore I am not surprised at how eloquent and real his words are. I can attribute one of the biggest changes in my life to the example and inspiration that he is. I love him like a brother and his words ring so true about real heroes. My paternal grandfather was also in Okinawa as a gunner with an amphibious tank. Truly the greatest generation. And right next to them all the other service men and women who do what most will not. As those who signed the most important document in history said, and we echo, "we mutually pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor."