Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life by the drop



I'm not sure what has lead me to take the time to share something with all of you... S.R.V. was and is a major influence in my life and choice of music, friends and so on. To me Stevie was a perfect example of how god can give and take. Stevie had a gift that is so very rare among men. His story is a sad yet inspiring. The song "Life by the Drop" (for me) represents so many things.

The best part of SRVs story is that he died after having recovered from severe addiction. He said in an interview once that the best work of his life was produced after getting help to overcome demons. He did not O.D. or kill himself like others who have gone before and after. He was strong enough to surrender to the truth.

SRV had the touch, gift, mojo... call it what you will. I have listened to his music all of my life and I always get goose bumps when I hear him hit that one special note that only he can grab...

I have no doubt that the next few years will hold challenges and pain for all man kind.

So here is my challenge to you and I take it myself: Ready? Do it! whatever it is you need to do (you know what I am talking about) Face your demon and live the life you know you are meant to.

This song is so profound and I will let you find meaning in it for your own needs... But please don't procrastinate one more day (for SRV it meant Hard Core drug addiction) for you it may be something different, I know I can never be as good at playing the guitar as SRV- Thats not my goal. But every time I watch and listen to greatness I fee something deep in my soul that stirs... What is stirring in you? Are you going to bring it to a boil? or just fade away...

Here is my week as I see it going down...

1-Get 12 workouts in- that's about 30 hours in the Gym, Pool, road runner whatever it takes
2-Push my limits in mental terms... read 2 hours a day
3-Get someone on the midnight express with me-
4-Grow with the pain

Please join me if you are willing- that's what I meant by "getting on the midnight express.

God be with you all.

I'll be doing my first workout in about 40 minutes so I can get a strong start!

more to come... see ya tomorrow after the market breaks key support levels

5 comments:

DeDe said...

It's good to be here walking together, my friend!

Unknown said...

One step at a time, living in the present. I'll join you this week for sure!

Anonymous said...

I'm on it working myself back up to my 38 min 4 mile run. Completed a 33 min. 3 mile run last night. Hit the gym again tonight focused on strength training tonight. Also getting Jackson to the gym 4 times a week instead of 3 and adding reps to his workout.
Remember everyday is a holiday!

Anonymous said...

That song always ganks me.

ABSOLUTE MMA said...

awesome.