Saturday, February 03, 2007

ABM Breakout Continued...

As it turns out, ABM did confirm the "nearly perfect breakout" from Monday. Any time a stock hits a new 52 week high on good volume I give it one additional day to confirm. I actually purchased this stock on Tuesday morning. I like to keep it simple and give my self plenty of room to retrace. I bought in at $25.38 and I placed my sell stop at $23.75

What is the next step? In most cases I am looking to own the stock for as long as the trend holds up. I am not using a trailing stop loss. I always adjust my stop loss orders after market close. I don’t anticipate an adjustment of my stop in this case for a few days or even weeks. When the stock bounces off of a new level of support I will raise my stop loss. Until then I will keep my initial stop in place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you comment on whether you invested with options or stock on this trade? If options, it would be helpful to know the thinking behing the strike price you chose and the duration. Thanks for helping!- D. Palen